Home of the NMW-clan 
Saturday, 2024-05-18, 8:55 PM

Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | splatladder - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Goks  
Forum » General Forums » General Discussion » splatladder (rating problem)
splatladder
DaywalkerDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 4:50 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Friends
When i played 10 times on the server 8 of them aint a ranked session. On our server sad

Because of to many disturbing factors it says or 2/3 session length not archived.
Is it because there is a new splattladder or something else?
Thx in advance

GoksDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 5:19 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Administrators
NO THAT IS BECUSE WE HAVE BOTS PLAYING SORRY.ONLY WHEN THERE ARE 2 OR LESS THAN THE SESION GETS RANKED.ALSO THE SESSION LENGHT IS A FACTOR IF THE MAP IS DONE TO FAST THEN YOU DONT GET RATE ALSO.tHIS IS ALSO WHY MANY PLAYERS DONT COME TO THE SERVER I KNOW.iMALWAYS WATCHIH IF WE HAVE ATLEST 14 PLAYERS ON THE SERVER I MANUALY TAKE THE BOTS OUR SO WE GET A RATE ,BUT LIKE I SAID IN GAME AS SOON AS WE GET SOME PLAYERS NEXT MAP 3-4 DISCONNECT AND AGAIN NO RATE sad .SO IF WE WANT RATE WELL WE HAVE TO HAVE ATLESAT 12-14 PLAYERS AT SAME TIME SO I CAN TAKE BOTS OUT AND WE WILL GET RATE AND WITH THIS ATTRACT MORE PLAYERS.BUT I CANT MAKE ANYONE PLAY sad .AT MOST WE HAD LIKE 4 MAPS IN A ROW THAT WERE RATED THEN PLAYERS START TO LEAVE.I COULD EVEN TRY WITH 10 PLAYERS ONLINE TO TAKE BOTS OUT IF YOU LIKE I ALREADY DID IT WITH 8 THAT MEANS 4 ON 4 AND IT LOOKS KINDA EMPTY.THEN I GET A COMPLAINT OF A PLAYER SAYING THERE IS NOBODY TO KILL SO I HAVE TO PUT BACK THE BOTS sad .
REMEMBER GUYS RATE WILL BRING US OTHER PLAYERS SINCE MANY PLAY FOR RATE.

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

killerDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 7:44 PM | Message # 3
Major general
I've been thinking about this problem too.
If we take out a couple bots, we would get ranked easier but then it looks emptier...
I'd say we have 2 options:
1.) Take out a couple bots and see if more players join the server,
2.) Or keep running the server as we do now and hope more players will come and play regular.

“When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.” – Tennessee Williams

DaywalkerDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 8:22 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
I guess its just a matter of time
1)Til people notice the server
2)And once we have some more nice people recruted it maybe wil attract more people.
Playing on a clan server with the clan members online is more fun
3) less bots more players wil come back
4) Tbh i don't care about rating its a good reference but it aint everything to see a player is skilled or not

We can't force this process
We need positive hope biggrin

GoksDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 10:05 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Today i lowered the number of bots when we had like 10 players we got to 18 players on 1 map hehe and we got rating on 4 maps in a row then some players left.Ill will try this any time we get atleast 10 -12 players online.

killerDate: Wednesday, 2009-05-27, 10:44 PM | Message # 6
Major general
I think it's a good idea.
It makes people join our server.
The only disadvantage is spawnkilling on some maps. I think that's what drove them away :-(

“When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.” – Tennessee Williams

GoksDate: Thursday, 2009-05-28, 2:35 AM | Message # 7
Major general
Well on that map its axis who usualy win but we had a better team.Yes and i did say im gona shuffle at the end of the map but they left before that eh:(,sometimes you win sometimes you lose.Im sorry they didnt wait for next map.But war is war and i have seen what happens when you try and enforce spawnkilling its even bigger mess lol.Just see how it goes with trick jumping even that is hard .So if we whould say no spawn kill all whould say where is the border like i can make a line and say aha here is Ok and here is NOT,its not easy to enforce it so its alowed.And if i moved someone from our team that was wining than maybe that someone whould complain thats why shuffle at the end of map.Well maybe next time 1 of us will go and try make a difference .

DaywalkerDate: Thursday, 2009-05-28, 10:05 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
Quote (Goks)
you win sometimes you lose.

To bad some people don't got patience, instead of whinig they should played as a team maybe then the spawnkilling ended yesterday. Before the shuffle came.
I also would allow spawnkilling. happy

GoksDate: Thursday, 2009-05-28, 7:18 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Well today again we got like 4-5 maps with no bots so maybe it gona be better hehe.YOu can see at splatter ladder on our server ranks that rating is getting up :).

DaywalkerDate: Thursday, 2009-05-28, 8:20 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
We can't force this process, but lets hope they keep comming! biggrin

TwistedDate: Sunday, 2009-05-31, 6:56 AM | Message # 11
Private
Group: Users
Only thing I can see which MAY be keeping some players away is the Beginners Xps....we are not really a beginners server anymore......most beginners servers are run with a different version of jaymod as a real newbie to ET will not understand about putting on the patch-update required for our server...having said this I know of players who only frag on beginners servers so they can PWN and up their ratings on Splatterladder, which again doesn't work here due to bot activity......any real beginners will get annoyed very quickly at the skill levels of the average player here........remember what it was like when you started playing? you didn't know the maps or the commands or the hit box theories etc and you may have wondered if you'll ever be able to keep up with the rest of the team...we ARE beginner friendly and will help with any questions the new players have but does that make it a beginners server?........in my opinion the only way to attract players is to be consistent with our admin...be fair in our gameplay and desicion making....try to keep the maps moving at a good pace.....One of the ways I try to keep it all running fairly (and this is just my 10 cents worth) is by joining the loosing team and I try never to play to much rambo medic, by playing a supporting class, engy, field ops giving plenty of ammo, and actually reviving players who need it when we are medics ..........then we will build a reputation of a real gaming clan rather than a bunch of guys who are only intrested in the fragg ratio at the end of the map..... one last thing before I sign off, maybe we can set aside some time to go on other servers wearing our tag as a team and play using real team tactics...not clan wars, just turn up on lets say maybe the alienz server or which ever is top 10 in splatterladder, as tagged NMW, if we play tight we may attract people to our way of gameplay and therefore our server? any thoughts guys?

I like cats too. Let's exchange recipes.

GoksDate: Sunday, 2009-05-31, 4:21 PM | Message # 12
Major general
Most servers dont alow other clans to stack and play on 1 team on their servers .As for begginers hum the previous server that i played has like 10 players in top 20 on SL are very skilled but still have begginers tag on server and i did it to just attrackt players hehe.It can be changed but not yet i think.Yes we can try and go play at other servers for a map or 2 when our server is empty,but i prefer to play at ours if we are not on then others wont join either.And if you look at SL at our server last few days we had many maps with rating hey mine is like 15-16 already in a few days hehe,others will start to notice it soon.I think we need up our ratings on our server then when we go to another server and they look it up where we play they might like how fast the rate is going on our server and they might come and have a look biggrin .

killerDate: Sunday, 2009-05-31, 5:47 PM | Message # 13
Major general
I agree with Romul about not yet playing as a team on other servers.
If we don't play on our own server (for now) there aren't many people.
When we have an emptier server, people might start looking for another one.
Just wait until we grow bigger, then we can go and expand our territory tongue

DaywalkerDate: Sunday, 2009-05-31, 9:24 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
hehe indeed tongue

killerDate: Sunday, 2009-05-31, 11:29 PM | Message # 15
Major general
Quick note:
I've played on the Alienz server today as our own was down.
Perhaps that's a better way to make them aware of us, by playing sometimes on your own on their server.
Only for a couple maps so they'll notice us smile

Forum » General Forums » General Discussion » splatladder (rating problem)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Website builderuCoz